Followers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lobster Anyone?



     I just finished the main part of the new handbag. It's sitting outside now to dry as I still have quite a bit of work to do on it. It's no longer black on the outside. I kind of thought that might happen as the inner red migrated through the black and now what I have is pretty much purple. Not that it's a bad thing .. I rather like purple. 

     Getting all the pieces of prefelt to stay in place while I felted this was a challenge. It didn't shift too much, but I did a lot of hand rubbing to make sure it wouldn't do that. I still have to needle felt the finer details on the lobster and make the rope strap. The lobster will have felted eyes and long red antennae hanging down the front of the bag, on the outside of the flap. 

     I'll post more pictures of this later on when it's completed. It will be going to the Canada Day Boardwalk Artists event at Alderney Landing in Dartmouth. 

1 comment:

Jagusia said...

Wow..........!!!
Lobster is fantastic!
Congratulations
jagusia