Followers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Needle Felted Meerkat

     I really enjoyed making this little guy. He too was done while I was recovering from the flu, as needle felting requires far less energy than wet felting. He's done really really tightly too, as I wanted him to be able to stand on his own without putting wires or sticks up inside his body. Once again ... he was an experimental piece, but he turned out so well. If he doesn't sell in the November show, he'll probably find a good home as a Christmas gift. 


     This little meerkat's eyes are Miracle beads and have a reflective glow all of their own in certain lighting conditions. It's really kind of eerie until you get used to it. There were a lot of hours that went into him due to the density of the felting. Since I've never seen a meekat, I relied on pictures from the internet and the pattern on his back came out ok. Perhaps next time will be a bit better. I was starting to get the hang of it toward the end of the pattern. 


     You can see here how his rear feet and his tail, also very tightly felted, form a tripod to support him.       


     Finally, in this last picture, you can see that he's just darn cute!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented Lynn. He is so sweet:)

Trudis said...

Your little felted Meerkat is so beautiful!
Have a nice felting day!
Trudis

Heather Woollove said...

He is adorable!! I can't believe that you can create such wonders when you are not feeling 100%.
You amaze me!! Hugs--

Donata said...

Nice nice! very nice:)