Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back to the Wool

     This week has been a mishmash of housework, errands, doctor's appointments and finally getting to work on a large bag. I had been waiting for supplies to arrive as I was out of one of the colors I needed for this, so I was able to catch up on some domestic chores. I've nearly finished the housework, as I've taken advantage of a couple of less humid days to do it. The spare room and bath has been totally cleaned up and is ready for more guests or house sitters, whatever the case may be. I have a function to attend next weekend, but weather will be the determining factor as to whether I stay over night or not. Unless this week is very dry, I won't be camping as the area is notorious for mosquitoes and I'm simply not putting myself through that annoyance. 

     This large bag is an order I received on Canada Day. I will have the bag completed today sometime, leaving me the ropes to make tomorrow. I've taken some liberties with the fringe, adding some curly locks, not shown here and the client loves the look so far, so curly locks on the fringe it will be. I still need to cut a few holes above the fringe. I've hidden some color inside the layers, so I'm hoping the color will show through at the edges of the holes when I  cut them. I'll post more pics later. 


Ginny Huber said...

a very cool bag! I'll be sure to look for the pix of the finished bag. Lucky customer!

Leedra said...

Housework? What is that? Not handle fiber and do housework? My husband wish I would. :)

Love the purse. Still trying, not succeeding on wet felt purse. Need some local instruction, and as far as I can tell, I am it on wet felting in this area. And what I am doing cannot be called wet felting yet, just wanting it to.

Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristine said...

I am the lucky recipient!! Everyone loves it and has to touch it. Even the guy at the gardening shop said he liked it and a lot of his friends would too. Great job Lynn, Thanks so much.