Followers

Monday, January 18, 2010

A Milestone Day


Mortgage free! Yessiree, today, the house is ours and nobody else's. It's a great feeling. It's been a long 22 1/2 years, but finally, finally it belongs to us and the bank is out of the equation. This is cause for celebration, but that will have to wait until Wed. because of Don's work schedule. Then we're going into Halifax to see Avatar at the IMAX in 3-D, after which we'll be dining at Montana's. I got the express tickets online this morning as it's been selling out and some folks have been disappointed not to be able to have the 3-D experience. They're all raving about the movie though, so I'll let you know. 


I must apologize for not posting a pic of the mystery gift I made for my friend, Lu. The gift is a lovely beaded choker in amethyst colors. The beads are strung in a lace design. What happened was a computer failure during the time I was working with those files. The pc is currently out "being looked at" by a friend so I currently don't have any of my files as I'm using a loaner. Since I was on to photographing Audry II, I had deleted the files from my camera, leaving me without access to any pics of the necklace. However, the necklace is a bit too small, so it's coming back for adjustment, during which time I will be shooting it again, and posting it here, of course. So sorry for the confusion. 


Don is still working on a cabinet for the Legion, doing the finishing touches and I'll be sure to include it here as soon as he deems it ready for public viewing. Working full time at the bar doesn't leave him as much time for his projects as he used to enjoy. He's also acquired a used table saw that is a much better model than the machine he's been using. He's been tuning and tweaking that as well. Very time consuming, I'm told. 


It's such a dark and dreary day out here in the country. Very chilly too. We're expecting a couple centimeters of snow today and it looks as if it may begin very soon. Don has to work in a couple of hours, so we just had an early supper of some lovely stuffed Cornish hens, Dauphine potatoes, carrots and turnip. Not exactly on the low-cal, but absolutely delicious. Don did all the cooking today so I have scullery duty, which I must now attend to. I hope you all have a great day. 

No comments: