Followers

Friday, December 11, 2009

One Solution to an Ugly Problem


Good morning friends. While I refuse to get into the debate as to whether or not magnetic bracelets work for arthritic pain, I will tell you that I do wear one. I wear it with the thought that if it helps, even a little, I'm going to reap the benefits. I'm actually afraid to take it off, in case the sore spots get worse. However, they are damn ugly things. Just looks like a length of steel cable with polished balls on each end .... ewwwww! With that in mind, I have come up with a solution: beaded magnetic bracelets.

These look so much nicer and each has a minimum of 12 magnetic hematite beads woven in, even spaced and not touching each other.  I love mine and it's such a pretty piece I think I'll be wearing it all the time.  In the picture above, the bracelet at the far left does not contain the hematite beads .. it's just a pretty bracelet. In place of the magnetic beads, I used Miracle beads which have an unusual luminosity. I used a flash on this pic so they would show up. You can see they are highly reflective. I wish I had a black light as I imagine they would glow wildly in that. Beading has never been my main line but it's a lovely distraction and I incorporate beads into alot of my wool projects. Speaking of which, my Santa pins have been flying out the door and I actually have to make more this week to supply the store in Shubenacadie that is selling them for me. I can't wait for Christmas to be over now, so I can get my new stuff out ... the little gecko pins are very cute. I've sold a couple of them privately and gotten a great response.


No comments: